Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TREK TREK TREK!!!!!!!

Well this past week I went on trek! It was the most amazing experience of my life!! I loved every minute of it!! I had an amazing family and I love all of them! I will start from the beginning of the experience!
On Tuesday night we had to go to the Stake Center and check in all of our supplies and we found out our families. I had the best family ever! My ma and pa were Mindy and Huston Franklin! They were awesome!! Then there was Matt, Savanah, Brinley, Bryton, Stephanie, Taylor, Braden, and Brett! I love all of them so much! Once we found out our families we went and made a family flag! Our name was the Trekkies haha don't ask me why because I don't know haha. After we did all that we went home because we had to be back at the Stake Center at 5:30 in the morning!
On Wednesday I got up at like 4:40 and then got ready. I was at the Stake Center at 5:30. When we got there we checked in to make sure everyone was there. Then it was time to leave for District Land and Life Stock! We got on the buses and were off!! I had such a great family that the bus ride up was fun we just talked the whole time. I would have slept but I couldn't:(. Once we got up there we went and ate some muffins and SunnyD! We had 2 different handcart company's the Willie and the Martin. I was in the Willie hand cart company so we played games while the Martin hand cart company left to get a head start. We played 3 legged base ball and then my dad started a cow pie throwing contest. My mom and dad went as Company Captains. After all of that we were off! It was raining and hailing while we were walking so we had to stop quite a bit. We were behind the red company (my dads company.. We had little arguments with him about going slow of course we were joking;D) and they were going really slow so we had to stop even more! (I was in the purple company!). We all took turns from the girls pulling and the boys pulling. We stopped at about 1 or 2 to eat lunch. We had about an hour for lunch! After that we left again. The boys were pulling at this time so we decided to play a little trick on them. It was called the boys pull;) like they have the women's pull. None of the girls pushed and we just decided to see how long it was until they noticed we weren't doing anything. It took them about a half hour! haha it was pretty funny! Then they noticed so we helped. While we were walking we played games like the abc picnic game! Although we changed the picnic part to trek and came up with things like aardvark, lama, and many other interesting things! It was fun! We also played the game were you say the word that pops right into your head when someone says another word! It was fun! We stopped for a little family lesson but right before we stopped I totally tripped and fell in the mud! Because it was raining it was really muddy and I just happened to fall in.. Figures it happens to me! haha I was just laughing about it though! My skirt and apron were all muddy though! After our family lesson we were back off! It was a long time until we got to camp! And they also had us camp 2 miles farther because the equipment people thought we were supposed to go there and not where we were supposed to camp. Once we got to camp we had to hurry and set up our tents because it started raining again. Once we set them up we went to eat dinner. After dinner we got all ready for bed and just went to bed and talked. They didn't have any firesides or anything that night because of the weather. We stayed up talking for a while though. That night none of us got a lot of sleep though because it was raining ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! At least we were warm though! But because it was raining so much it was leaking and it got right on me! haha figures!
On Thursday we woke up at like 7:30 and they told us that we had to stay in camp because of all the rain. We all got up then went to go get breakfast. After breakfast we went back to our tent and cleaned up a bit and got in our pioneer clothes. We had the boys come in our tent so we could play games! It was a lot of fun! We played a lot of games including spoons and signs. Those were mainly the only games we played. At about 1:30 we went and met up with our company ate lunch and had a lesson from our company captain. My company captain were Dean and Joyce Sorensen! I love them! They are awesome! I actually knew them before this though because they are Tyler's (my brother-in-law) parents so I have known them for quite some time! After we ate and had our lunch we went back to the tent and played games! It was a lot of fun! We played games for a while then the rain had stopped so we went out and trekked for a mile or 2. We had a little talk before we went out and when we were going out it was going to be the women's pull. We were all dreading this but it really wasn't that hard. We just went up this really LONG hill! I looked like it would stop when we were going up but you would just turn a corner and it kept on going haha. After we finished the women's pull we had another lesson before we came back to camp. On the way down my family was leading everyone else and Brother Lund and his wife (they were in charge of this trek) were in front of us. They were going really slow and we wanted to go fast so bro. Lund was going really slow on purpose. The boys were in front and they were all just having a big joke about it. After a minute they totally made him fall on the ground. I wasn't sure what happened but it was pretty funny I have to admit. When we got back we went back to the tent and played signs again. We played until it was time for dinner. Because it was the women's pull all of the girls got to eat first. Once we finished eating we played games with some of our friends. We played Red Rover. It was a lot of fun! While we were playing I got called over and I broke threw and then there was a little dip so I totally biffed it and just fell. Everyone was just laughing. I was to but it was pretty nice haha. After that we had a hoe down! It was a lot of fun! We danced with many people and danced many different dances! It was pretty fun! After the hoe down we played missionary tag for a while! It was fun! After that we all got ready for bed and then went to bed. That night was FREEZING!! We were all cold!
On Friday we got up and took down our tents and got ready to go. We ate breakfast then left to trek! We trekked for quite some time. This day was the day when people died. I was one of the people who died and it was really hard to see everyone pulling. I wanted to just go help but I couldn't! After that was finished everyone who was dead all hurried and took the people who were pulling place. It was a big hill to! We had stops for a few lessons and lunch and then finally got to our camp site! When we got there we had to set up our tents. After we did that we went and ate dinner. After dinner me and Stephanie went back to our tent to grab some stuff and ended up sitting there talking for about a half hour. After we went over to our friends and played Red Rover again! It was a lot of fun! We had to stop and go get our buckets and jackets because we were going to have a fireside. Before the fireside we had our journals and were smashing mosquito's with them. We were all laughing so hard! The fireside started so we had to stop but we kept doing it a little but then stopped. The whole time we were laughing so hard! Behind us was a guy in a colored poncho who was getting really mad at us! He kept telling us to be quiet! We laughed even harder at that! My ma said that he was staring at his braids and was gonna cut them off! It was great! We were all laughing SO hard! We called him Indian Joe:) After the fireside it was testimony meeting. We were still laughing a bit at the beginning of the testimony meeting but then stopped. I was crying a little bit before during and a little bit after I bore my testimony! haha it was bad! haha after testimony meeting we all got ready for bed. Bryton, Matt, and Taylor all came in our tent and we were talking for a while. Once we were all getting tired the boys all left to go back to their tent and we went to bed.
On Saturday we woke up and had to take down our tents.. It was the last day! We were all very happy and sad at the same time! Happy to go home and shower but sad to leave everyone! We all became 2ND family members to everyone! We got our breakfast and ate it after we finished putting up our tent. After we were all finished we had a lesson and then we played signs. We played that game until we left. We had to walk about 2 or 3 miles until we got to the buses. the family behind us sang ALL 99 verses of the Bottles of beer on the wall song! It was so annoying! We tried singing other songs to drain out that song! It was very annoying! Once we finally got to where we started we had to wait until the buses got here. We ate our lunch and then played signs again while we waited. The buses finally got here and it was time to leave! We all got in the bus. On the way home we all talked played games and sang songs! It was a lot of fun! We finally reached the Stake Center! We went to find all of our equipment and then headed of home! It was so nice to shower!! That night me, Savanah, Stephanie, Matt, and Taylor all went to Cafe Rio! It was so good!! After we went to our ma and pa's house to say hi. Our pa wasn't there so we talked to our ma! It was a lot of fun! I miss all of them so much! Here are some pictures from trek!!! (there could be more yet to come...I only have the ones my ma tagged me in on facebook!)
Tyler, Ashley (they went as ma and pa) my dad, my mom (they went as company captains) and then me! (what we looked like at the beginning of trek...before the rain hit!)

me and Matt! We were 3 legged baseball partners!

my family!! LOVE THEM!!! Taylor, Bryton, Matt, Braden, Brette, Stephanie, me, Brinley, and Savanah!

LOVE THESE GIRLS!!! Stephanie, me, Brinley, and Savanah!

the men's pull! haha it looks like Bryton is eatin the tarp! haha

poncho time!!

We made our ma get up there! It really makes pushing the hand cart so much easier when someone is sitting up there!

The Women's pull!

This was before the hill came..the hill really was very big!

Some kid I danced with at the hoe down haha my ma got a picture of it!

The Children!! Taylor, Brin, Bryton, Steph, Bradon, me, Matt, Savanah, and Brette

my family!!! Pa, ma, Taylor, Brin, Bryton, Steph, Braden, me, Matt, Savanah, and Brett (for both pictures~top and bottom:D)

family again!

Staying hydrated with the doctor;)

me and Brin playing the ninja destruction game.. They actually got a picture of us playing this game for the 2 whole minutes! haha we didn't know how to play so we never really played

The girls!! LOVE THEM ALL!! Brin, me, ma, Steph, and Savanah

Indian Joes house!! hahahaha

we all look so happy:)

Puddle! We went through almost every puddle there was!

Brtyon, me, and Brin on the bus ride home!!

Trek was so much fun!! I loved every minute of it! Even though I fell 2 it rained, I got sun burnt very bad (but that always happens so it doesn't count to much), and it poured a lot at night and dripped on me haha it was still so much fun! I love my family and miss them very much!! Trek really was the best experience of my life!!!!

No comments: